Designed for beginners 2 students, for whom success in the field is vitally important, this class prepares students to use “real-life language” on the job. A focus on practical language learned in context makes Spanish accessible for the health professional.
- Giving personal information and writing a clinical record
- Having a conversation in the doctor’s office
- Describing symptoms
- Vocabulary: parts of the body, organs, verbs to express medical conditions
- Speaking about diseases and their treatments
- Medical emergencies
- Food and nutrition
- Pregnancy and pediatrics
- Other health problems: drugs and psychiatry
- At the hospital: surgeries and medical studies
- Going to the pharmacy
- Other medical treatments: dentist, optometrist, physiotherapy.
- Cultural approach: respect and trust in the Hispanic culture, medicine of native cultures, sexual health, the doctor-patient relationship